Magic, Chic, Unique Couture in a can
The initial idea for Spray-on fabric © came from Manel Torres’ experience in the fashion industry. These photos capture the essence of science and fashion in collaboration. Fabrican Spray-on fabric © will liberate designers to create new and unique garments, offer a carrier technology for delivery of fragrance or even medical active substances, and allow the wearer to personalise their wardrobe in infinite combinations. New textures and material characteristics are a matter of adjusting chemistry. In addition to fashion, the technology provides new horizons, offering sprayable material for any application requiring a fabric coating.
The technology opens new vistas for personalised fashion, allowing individual touches to be added to manufactured garments, or even impromptu alterations. Chic clothing could incorporate fragrances, active constituents, or conductive materials to interface with information technology. After a decade of research, this futuristic vision is taking shape.
Fabrican is a rare achievement in transforming a dream to practical realisation. Combining an innate fascination with Spray-on fabric ©, and Manel’s extraordinary ability to motivate multi-disciplinary collaboration, Fabrican has promoted interest and attracted worldwide media coverage.
Advantages and Uses
Advantages for bespoke fashion creations:
- Speeds up the traditional way of constructing garments
- Repairing and recycling ageing clothes
- Drawing with fibres
- 3D sketch tool
- Seamless garments
- General binding, lining, repairing, covering and moulding
Uses for general consumers:
- Customising clothing with patterns/frills/etc
- Extending clothing e.g. t-shirts can be made into dresses
- Customisation for practicality – e.g. creating additional pockets
- Clothing containing UV protection such as bikini tops and t-shirts
- Reflective material that can be used to create high-visibility patches for cyclists etc.